Structured Cabling design and decisions are vitally important to the success of your project and your business operations. Longer depreciation schedules on cabling and potentially large impacts on your business disruption require careful design consideration to maximize your investment.
- Scope of Work aka RFP (Request for Pricing), Drawings, and BOM (Bill of Materials).
- Office – How many cables to a desk? How many desks, Cable Tray, Closets, Racks?
- Data Room – UPS? Power Strips? Racks? Cooling?
- Data Center – Level of Redundancy? Densities? Growth? Implementation and Decommission Process? Administration?
All of the considerations above are import decisions to create a complete design.
What is missing from these basic questions is where we add value:
- Is the facility owned or leased?
- How long will this system need to be in production before the next major upgrade to the cable plant?
- What is your road map for upgrades?
- How are these changes implemented? How will that impact your business?
- Category 5e, 6, 6A, 7, shielded, unshielded? ROI?
Our design team possesses years of experience assessing, evaluating and overcoming all aspects of the process.
The importance of structured cabling.
What we do is not just cable, it’s the foundation for all that is to come tomorrow! As part of your company’s foundation, structured cabling is vitally important to your operations, success and future growth.
A properly designed structured cabling system will:
- Maximize the stream of data.
- Allow the sharing of resources.
- Promote smooth operations.
- Adapt to changing technology.
- Provide for expansion.
- Advance with your organization.
Business networks have evolved into highly complex systems that we all rely upon 24 hours every day. The cable that supports this technology is a small percentage of overall infrastructure costs, yet has a longer life span and is generally capitalized longer than the active components. It is the foundation for all upgrades to come and it will outlast the hardware it serves.
We recognize we are in the foundation business. All of the components that make up the system rest on the performance and reliability of the products and services we design and deliver: the cable.
We also recognize that every foundation must be tailored to the structure that rests upon it. This is where our knowledge and experience in design sets us apart.